MIPs Incentivized Program
Calling all Indexers! The Graph is ready to go multi-chain and needs your help.
Join the Migration Infrastructure Providers (MIPs) program and earn rewards for supporting new chains on the network.
Participating chains to be decided once the program begins
Help test the gateway, new chains and Graph Node updates
Support indexing of new chains as they roll out on the network
Migrate all subgraphs
Provide high-quality service to subgraphs migrating to the network
The MIPs program formally begins on September 20th, 2022, and concludes at the end of Q1 2023. Anyone interested in participating in the incentivized MIPs Program should apply. The deadline for applications is Thursday, September 15th. All program participants will also need to complete a KYC and Indexer Agreement by Monday, September 19th.
Community members who have previously completed a KYC will need to submit a new KYC in order to participate in the MIPs program.
Who is eligible
To participate in the MIPs program, Indexers must:
- Run an Indexer – check out this guide
- Run nodes to support at least one other chain on the network
- Not use the same IP, database or machine for multiple Indexers
- Ability to dedicate up to ~5 hours per week to program activities and testing
- KYC via Tokensoft
- Sign an Indexer Agreement
Additionally, Indexers get bonus points if they:
- Have an ENS name attached to the Indexer
- Use alternative cloud and database providers
Indexers are expected to dedicate time and resources to bootstrapping the network as chains roll out, and will earn rewards for their contributions. The MIPs program will include:
- Testnet MissionsStress test new network components with missions (challenges) on the new Graph Testnet on Goerli that will help prepare Indexers to support multi-chain subgraphs
- Mainnet SyncingSet up nodes for new chains while meeting high quality of performance for syncing subgraphs as they migrate to the network
- MIPs WorkshopsAttend curated workshops and office hours to learn about the infrastructure, share feedback, ask questions and troubleshoot with core devs
While the new Graph Testnet on Goerli is important to test features for the MIPs program, it will operate in parallel and remain as an ongoing testnet for Indexers to be able to test multi-chain components and new features in perpetuity. Indexers participating in MIPs will be scored based on their contributions to derive their rewards per chain.
New chains will be added to the testnet and subsequently a GIP will be approved to support the chain on mainnet. Network readiness to support a new chain will be identified by The Graph Foundation based on Indexers quality of service and confidence in seamless migration for dapps. Indexers will be given weeks of notice to begin syncing new chains.
- Report bugsDo not exploit bugs in the code to gain advantage, report them through the separate Bug Bounty.
- Don’t hackNo malicious hacking or social engineering of other node operators.
- Share modificationsEnsure modifications to default agents are shared with core developers of The Graph or The Graph Foundation.
- DocumentLog testnet data and share with The Graph Foundation to improve network learnings.
- Follow the rulesNode operators must participate in the testnet and meet mission requirements to earn rewards. Late participants will earn fewer rewards.